Think of the 'Know Your Customer' or KYC for mutual fund process as introducing yourself to a new person. KYC or 'Know-Your-Customer' is a way of introducing yourself as an individual to begin investing.
In case you're struggling at any step of the KYC process, contact us at email@example.com
Is KYC required for investing?
The KYC process was made mandatory to prevent the occurrence of fraudulent investments and money laundering.
Once your PAN is verified, the financial institution can check if you have defaulted on any payments in the past.
What documents are required?
You will need the following documents:
- PAN Card
- Address Proof (Passport, Drivers Licence etc.)
- Cancelled Cheque Copy
What is the step-by-step process?
- Once you install the app, tap on 'Setup your account'.
- Enter your PAN Number as prompted on the screen.
- Confirm your first and last name as mentioned on your PAN card. Tap on 'confirm & proceed'
- Enter your personal details and tap on 'Proceed'
- Add a Nominee (This can be someone related to you). Tap on 'Proceed' when done.
- The percentage of the amount that will go to each nominee in case of the unit holder's demise can also be specified. Each nominee is eligible for an equal share if the percentage is not specified.
- Enter the OTP sent to your email ID to confirm the Nominee addition.
- Choose your occupation from the list and tap on proceed.
- Upload a picture of your cancelled cheque copy. Make sure all the details are clearly visible in the picture. Take the picture in a well-lit environment.
- Next, keep your PAN Card and Address Proof ready for identity verification. Upload the documents one at a time. Tap on proceed.
- Take a picture of your face in a well-lit environment with your face clearly visible.
- Next, start recording yourself in the same manner and read out the OTP displayed on the screen loudly and clearly.
- Lastly, use your finger to trace your signature on the screen as you would on a physical document to complete the KYC declaration and the overall KYC process.
- Once you've done this your KYC documents will be sent for verification.
Do you charge for KYC processing?
We charge ZERO fees for KYC processing.
I am already investing in Mutual Funds. Do I need to do KYC verification again?
If you are an existing mutual fund investor, we will validate your KYC status against your PAN number. If all the required details are available, you do not need to do KYC again. If any of your details are missing, however, you may be needed to submit those additional details.
I have submitted all documents but my KYC verification is pending. What should I do?
If your KYC verification is pending for more than 72 hours after submitting the documents, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will have it resolved.
Can I invest if I don't have a PAN card?
As per SEBI guidelines, investments cannot be done without a PAN
Why do I need video KYC?
Video KYC is done as a part of the due diligence process set by SEBI, this is done to authenticate your identity.
What do I need to do during the Video KYC?
You’re required to record reading the unique code on the video KYC screen.
Can I reapply if my KYC gets rejected?
Yes, KYC can be re-applied with the valid documents
My KYC has failed, what do I do now?
If you have received the reason for the KYC failure, please start the KYC process again and follow the steps. In case you're struggling at any step of the KYC process, contact us at email@example.com
At Stack, we grow your wealth like it's ours. Invest like the top 1% with 👉 expert-built diversified portfolios